Captain Mowatt's - Pulled Pork (Crock Pot)
- 5-6 pound bone in pork butt, or picnic ham, skin removed
- 1 cup of your favorite BBQ rub
- 1 Bottle Portland Picante
- 1 Medium ren onion
- 2 tbs oil
- 1/2 bottle of water
Fire In The Snow - Canceaux Dip
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Rinse and dry pork.
- Coat pork with rub and place on a sheet pan with a rack. Roast pork for 30 minutes.
- Slice red onion and put in crock pot with entire bottle of Portland Picante and half bottle of water.
- When pork comes out of the oven place in crock pot and cook on low for 12 hours.
- Remove pork and let cool. Pour the cooking liquid, from crock pot, into storage container and let fat settle to the top.
- Shred pork and keep separate from cooking liquid till ready to eat.
- When ready to eat; Heat a pot on medium high heat with 2 tbs oil
- Add half the pork to the hot pot and sear till brown and crunchy.
- Add remaining pork and cooking liquid and heat till warm through.
- Serve on roll with coleslaw and pickles.